Moved by faith to participate in the Boston New Sanctuary Movement, we commit to the following:
- We will educate ourselves about issues facing immigrants in our society and about the current movement.
- We will avail ourselves of resources from the New Sanctuary Movement and welcome the first-hand stories of immigrants themselves who have experienced injustice.
- We will renew our study of the sacred stories of migration and hospitality, injustice, and hope that already exist in our own faith traditions
- Seeking also to educate our greater community, we will offer public forums on immigration.
We understand that education alone brings no change if it does not lead to action. Therefore:
- We will actively and publicly work for comprehensive immigration reform in the United States.
- We call for an immediate moratorium on all raid and unjust deportations that cause the separation of families until such time as the broken system of immigration laws is fixed.
- We agree to include our names, our voices, and our selves (or representative members) in public events, various forms of media, and other appropriate venues.
- We will be a compassionate and persistent voice for justice for our immigrant brothers, sisters, and siblings.